Thursday, July 29, 2010
Hey guys, I wanted to give you a heads up to a project that's been in the making for quite a while. It started off on gamespot as a union which I ran for a while, but I quickly saw that gamespot had such limitations that was holding the idea back. The union itself (Harley's House) has been abandoned for quite some time but the ideas that made it a fun place to visit have just been brewing :)
Many delays were met in the project... mostly because of my inability to commit time to the project as well as a little bit of indecisiveness. But I've decided to spend some time and get it ready for the public :) *We're still working on it, so features will be added as we go, but right now it's fully functional.
The main site is a blog, with it's own address and style. We're also putting some effort into a forum to accompany the site and help form a community if possible.
Anyways, thats all fun and all but are you sitting here confused about what the hell a "Pink Squadron" is? Thought you might. To put it simply, it's a project dedicated to strong female characters in video games. News, Reviews, Interviews and more are on the menu and we (the staff behind the project) hope to provide a great place for a community interested in the idea.
Please Visit the site at
Where you can comment on our very first, Opening Post.
Many thanks :)
Saturday, July 24, 2010
|Dunder Mifflin, This is Pam|
For anyone not in the know, the show has a very simple idea behind it's genius. A camera team follows the workings of your typical corporate America based business office, in this case one that deals with selling paper products to other businesses. Thing is... Steve Carell is the office manager and thus the place is a place of goofiness and fun rather than a place where a lot of work gets done :P
|Michael Scott.. pretending to work :P|
The show constantly has me in stitches (read: it's funny) and just about all of the characters are both unique and terribly interesting. Between the Michael Scott (Steve Carell's character) hate for the HR rep Toby, the relationship between Pam and Jim, the psycho hate/hazings between Jim and Dwight... or the many love affairs going on in the place of business... or even one of the many crazy schemes Scott comes up with to make the day just a little nutty... all of it makes me smile.
|Left to right: Andy, Jim, Dwight|
I just finished seasons 1-5 on dvd and ... I want more. I'm current downloading a copy of the sixth season to view... as I just can't wait for it to come to DVD in September (which I will buy... but I need to watch more NOW).
Sigh, J'adore The Office :)
Speaking of great TV shows, I've gone and purchased the first 3 seasons of Dexter on DVD and can't wait to get into that as well :) While inspecting the discs I've noticed that they do a mere 12 episodes per season... which is a bummer as it means I'll fly through them much quicker than the 24 episodes of each season of the office. That aside, I am looking forward to watching it.
Any other TV shows you believe deserve a DVD purchase and viewing? I've been looking into getting Breaking Bad as the premise behind that seems like something I'd enjoy. I've also half considered getting into some kind of sci-fi stuff. Something like Stargate (dunno where to even start as there's a few series), perhaps some battlestar galatica? I recently got to see "Caprica" a sort of pre-quel to the BSG series and it was alright. Which reminds me I've been wanting to finish "The Andromeda Strain" a super long movie (more like a tv mini series :P) which I caught about 4 hours of (out of 8) one night on TV.
Minor point forms:
Infamous 2 will have the old cole back. SP is redesigning him after the negative response to the new design.
StarCraft 2 is out this tuesday, have my CE pre-ordered via amazon
Think I mentioned it before, but doing a blog on Special editions for games
I want to see inception after hearing from friends that its tight.
Keeping tradition, Mmm Rosie Jones
I got around to downloading some more games from steam (bought awhile ago). Mass Effect 1 and Metro 2033 both of which are great. I can almost max out 2033 graphically (which im happy with) and it looks gorgeous.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
|Aww, isn't she cute?|
- I've been listening to a lot of Slipknot lately, kinda still bummed about Paul Gray.
- The Office (US version) is stellar, I love the show. Currently on season 3 of the 5 seasons I have on dvd.
- My mouse crapped out on me :( It's a free one logitech sent me for when my other one broke... so I'm not that bummed, but still. Picked up a new one today. It's very similar, but works ;)
- Our cat disappeared for a week :S We had a large party on a Saturday (3rd july) where I saw her, she then vanish and we looked for the whole week, assuming the worst. The following Saturday we found her like 1/2 a mile up the road wondering around. She lost a ton of weight, but is back to lounging on the back deck. :)
- I've decided to go for Platnium in Fallout 3 :) I've yet to snag a platnium trophy in any PS3 game (though I'm close in a few titles) and with my delving back into FO3, I decided I'd give it a go.
- A project I've been working on will be active at some point I swear :P I keep just forgetting to work on it and or get pickey and end up re-designing it :P If I get to it, it'll be up soon ;) (lol, Roy's heard me say that like 90 times now :P)
- @Mattyrock - I got a padded mailing envelope while shopping today, will print your address and Eternal Sonata will be on it's way soon :)
- Crap I love Mass Effect. I now own it (1 and 2) for both 360 and PC :P
- I sold all of those games I mentioned in my last blog, got $107 out of em :) Rather surprised and happy with that result actually... considering I dealt with ebgames :P.
- Starcraft 2 on July 27th :)
- Pixel Junk Shooter A+ :) A crazy good PSN title.
- I'm not a big fan of fastfood and would rather not have it 95% of the time I'm on the go, but damn Wendys Spicy Chicken sandwich is one exception, gahh, drool.
- I got an external fan for my 360 as an attempt to ward of RROD. A friend said he got one when his went RROD and he's been fine since, so I thought for $20, I'd give it a shot.
- and again, Mmm Rosie Jones.